For 2024 we have three Physician fellowship positions:
- January 2024-2025: Filled
- May 2024-2025: Filled
- Fall 2024-2025: Open
- We have one off-cycle/non-match physician fellowship position for our fall 2024 fellowship. We continue to welcome inquiries about this slot.
- We are prioritizing applicants with experience and/or strong interest to work in Alaska as a career goal.
- Hold an MD or DO degree from an AAMC or AOA accredited medical school.
- ABMS or AOA board eligibility or certification in one of the following specialties: Anesthesiology, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Psychiatry, Radiation Oncology, or Surgery
- Hold an unrestricted Alaska state license or can obtain a medical license in Alaska by the beginning of training.
- COVID vaccination is currently a requirement for employment with Providence unless an exemption is obtained. All fellows will be required to be fully vaccinated by their start date.
- Currently, we do not sponsor J-1 Visa
Options to Apply:
- Off-Cycle Non-Match Applications:
- December 2023-2024: We have one off-cycle/non-match physician fellowship position with flexible start date around December 2024 (this fellowship has been filled)
- May 2024-2025: we welcome inquiries currently. We are prioritizing applicants with experience and/or strong interest to work in Alaska as a career goal. (this fellowship has been filled)
- September 2024-2025: We have one non-match physician position that we will recruit as we have done for our December and May 2024-2025 fellowship.
- Applications are coordinated through Anna Lukas, the HPM Fellowship Program Coordinator. Initial inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org are requested to include:
- Personal Statement, requested to include your interest in training and working in Alaska
- Three letters of recommendation
Nurse Practitioner Fellows
- *We anticipate recruiting our next Nurse Practitioner fellow for the July 2024-2025 year in winter 2023. Please let us know if you would like to receive updates about this program and recruitment.
The goal of our NP fellowship is to meet the palliative care needs of Alaska. We prioritize training of NPs that currently practice in Alaska or NPs that intend to practice in Alaska.
Please e-mail Anna Lukas (email@example.com) and Marianne Johnstone-Petty (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information and we will place you on a list to be notified once the NP fellowship position is posted.